Pages

Thursday 16 August 2012

Summer Holidays 2012: All Seasons Cafe

The hubby and I got a much needed, well deserved kid-less night out courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa during our holidays. It was sooooo nice.
We left the monkeys with the grandparents for a beach bonfire and took off to Nelson for dinner. And what a dinner it was!!!! Seriously, almost the best meal we've ever had. We went to this small, very out-of-the-way restaurant, in an old converted house, called "All Seasons Cafe". I can't rave enough about this place! If you are ever in Nelson, BC you MUST go to All Seasons. We were seated outside, on a cute little patio which gives off an atmosphere of laid-back fine-dining. And the food... my mouth is watering thinking about it again.
There was of course pre-dinner drinks: We had martinis, mine was mango, his was pomegranate


Next were appetizers: I had scallops, he had mussels


Main Course: I had halibut, he had duck


Dessert: I had chocolate torte, he had cheese
(didn't get a picture of the cheese plate, you'll just have to take my word for it)


And of course a glass of port and a latte to finish things off. Boy do we ever need to do that kind of evening more often!



No comments:

Post a Comment