I had Mikayla invite fewer guests this year so we could have more concentrated awesomeness for the party goers.
I had purchased some Webkinz pets online from Amazon (much cheaper than buying them in the store), and when each girl arrived at the party their first stop was Ms. Birdy's Adoption Centre, where they adopted their new Webkinz pet (which they got to take home as part of their goody bag).
After the girls chose a name for their new pet, they filled out and decorated an adoption certificate I had made. Once everyone had a new pet and had named them we packed everyone up and took them to the theatre where we watched Escape From Planet Earth (cute movie by the way).
I had planned a few different games for the girls to play back at our house after the movie. I even made little signs for each game by printing the game image from the Webkinz website! Of course with all the craziness going on I didn't get very many pictures of all the excitement.
The games we played were:
- Lily Padz, I cut out lily pad shapes from green construction paper, wrote a prize amount on each of them. I placed the lily padz on a blue tablecloth (the pond) on the floor, and had the kids throw a rubber frog onto the lily padz to win Kinz Cash.
- Operation Gumball, each party-goer guessed at the number of gumballs in a jar. The winning kid got to take home most of the gumballs. (We let everyone have a few in their goody bag)
- Wheel of WOW, my hubby went WAY above and beyond for this one. He built a wheel the kids could spin. He even nailed in little nails all around the circumference and added a little plastic tab to click along each nail as the wheel turned. Each coloured section had either a Kinz Cash amount, a spin again, or miss a turn.
- Quizzy's Corner, the girls took turns answering quiz questions from this online game. Kinz Cash was their reward for each correct answer
- Finally, there was a fashion show that each Webkinz pet was involved in. Of course prizes were awarded for the winners
Oh, and don't forget the food... also based on games from the Webkinz site, of course. Homemade individual pizzas (paying homage to the Pizza Pizazz game) and smoothies (circa Smoothie Moves game). Get this, I even printed up little menus, so the guests could pick the toppings for their pizza and the fruit used in their smoothie!!!!
And of course there was a cake... it got it's own post already though, no more to say about it here. Just another glimpse of it's beauty.
I was so exhausted after this massive party I could barely stand! Thank goodness they only have one birthday per year.