Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2013

A Birthday Letter to My Three Year Old



L-E-V-I, Levi! (That's what you tell me when I ask you your name)

Happy Birthday L-E-V-I.

I can't believe that my little baby boy is three years old! What a little guy you have turned into this year. You are hitting all sorts of big milestones, each and every one of them hammering home to me that you are not a baby anymore. Such a big boy... sleeping in a big bed, potty trained, no more naps!! You zip through your alphabet, like nobody's business, you love to count everything and make me stop on certain pages of your books to count things on that page. You can even recognize your numbers up to 20!!!
You are your big brother's shadow right now, following along behind him in any game he wants you to play: you are Robin to his Batman, you are Luigi to his Mario, you are Spider-baby to his Spiderman!
You love to get your hands on the iPad, Angry Birds are a big favourite of yours right now, but you often throw fits when Mommy or Daddy decide it's time to put it away.
You are such a polite little man, you always ask for things with manners... "Please have Mommy's phone". And even reject things with manners: "Levi it's time for jammies" usually gets the response "No thank you". Even when you get put in a time out you often say with emphasis "NO. THANK. YOU." then you cross your little arms tight across your chest, stick out your adorable lower lip and turn your head away with the cutest little "hmmph" sound. I find it hard not to smile every time I put you in time out!
I have such a hard time not referring to you as "the baby", I try not to, but it still slips out - then you remind me that you're a big boy. But mommy gets a little nostalgic that my baby-raising days are done, so I hang on to every little cuddle you let me have. You are a very loving little guy, you tell me often that you love me, and always want to give big kisses. You push my chin away from you so you can line up my cheek and say "I give you a big one", just as you plant a huge loud kiss on my cheek!
I know this next year is going to be full of even more milestones for you, you will be starting soccer this spring, and unparented swimming lessons, and not to mention pre-school starts in the fall! I love watching you grow up little Levi, and I know the upcoming year will be quite a show.
Love you. Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment