Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2012

I'm not Gavin I'm ...

Gavin is at a funny stage right now. He loves to role play various characters, mostly superheros and their villains. He and Mikayla will often role play together, he's Batman - she's Batgirl. He's Dash - she's Violet (from the Incredibles). But Gavin takes it one step further, he gets into character and then sticks with it for hours. He will not even respond if he's called by his real name. I can't tell you how many times a day I hear "I'm not Gavin I'm Batman" or "I'm not Gavin I'm Spiderman", my favourite one the other day was "I'm not Gavin I'm Catwoman". He shows no discrimination based on gender, good-guy or bad-guy, human or not. He's an equal opportunity role player.

He often pulls an unsuspecting Levi into his game as well. Usually it's when Gavin is Batman and he needs a sidekick, this is when I hear "He's not Levi, he's Robin". Levi really doesn't care either way if he's called Robin, he just loves getting to be involved in the big kids' game. He runs after them giggling, and loving every minute of inclusion he can get.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing my three little superheros chasing after each other and working together (in Gavin's words) "to fight crime and corruption".




No comments:

Post a Comment