Pages

Saturday 31 March 2012

My Baby is Not a Baby Anymore

It's Levi's second birthday today. My baby little man is 2, and what an amazing two years it has been. Of course when I say amazing you know that's my mother-amnesia talking. I've selectively blocked out the trying times, you know you have them... the never sleeping, the teething, the fits in the grocery store, an uncanny ability to make the tidiest of rooms look like it's unfit for human habitation, and so on. But how easy it is to block out those trying times, because they are instantly over-written in my minds eye by his sweetest and simplest "Laa youu mama", or "welcome" where thank-you is most warranted, and his chubby little arms choking off my air supply.

As a third child Levi was supposed to be the "easy" one, right? I'd done this pregnancy, birth and baby thing twice, third time should be no sweat... but Levi had other ideas. Shall we take a trip down memory lane, destination 2010.
At some point late in the pregnancy we realized this baby was breech, and was going to do things his own way around. I tried everything I could to turn him the "right" way, but for Levi the other way was right for him. I had two ECV's where the doctor tried to turn him by pushing on my abdomen, but neither of these procedures were successful. So instead of the quick and easy L&D I was expecting he ended up being delivered by c-section. Not something I recommend, the good ole fashion way is waaaaaay easier to recover from. From then on he has refused to be the "easy" third child, and I love him for it. Some may say it's the firery redhead in him, could be, but whatever it may be one thing is for sure, the kid has got spunk!

Levi it has been an honour being your mother for these two short years, I can't wait to see what the future holds for you.
Happy Birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment