Pages

Saturday 23 June 2012

Where do I find the time?

hmmmph! That's me being slightly perturbed that there's never enough time in a day, or a week, or any other span of time I suppose. I've a had a hell of a time finding a moment to write little bits about what's been happening around our household. There is just so much going on!!!! Aside from working on Jan's business taxes for weeks on end, and then working at my actual job, there has been a weekend visit from my sister, meeting my new niece, birthday parties, soccer games, school field trips, Father's Day. And now I've got Gavin's 4th birthday quickly approaching, we've been gathering supplies and ideas and getting together what should be an amazing Batman-themed party! And... he got to take cupcakes to preschool this week to celebrate with his classmates. Here's a little trip down memory lane over the past month(ish).

Gavin and Mikayla have been playing soccer one day a week this spring. It's the first year for both of them, and they've had lots of fun. Gavin has really taken to it, he just simply shines on the field. I think Gavin's going to be one of those kids who's just good at sports, he's a natural at whatever we (literally) throw at him.



Kids birthday parties seem to be frequent events on our social calendar. We had two parties to go to at the same time on the same day a few weeks back. We were really sad to have to miss one of them, but the kids (of course) had a great time at the 7th birthday of our friend's son.


Even the littlest ones had a great time..


And there's Gavin, having a ball again ;)


In the past few weeks Mikayla has had her first ever school field trips. I went along as a volunteer, which Mikayla just loves, as she asks me to volunteer in her class almost every day. The first field trip was to Butterfield Acres Farm, a very interactive farm really close to us. She loved petting the animals, and even helped milk a goat! The second trip was to Safety City, it was far too rainy that day to take any photos, but again much fun was had.



We finally had a chance to meet my little namesake (Anastasia) back in May, this coincided with my sister's trip here from Chicago. So we actually had myself and my three siblings in one house for this occasion - where we were also celebrating my nephew's 9th birthday (see the cake here). I did get a photo of the 4 of us siblings together, but I thought my brother might murder me if I put it on the blog.
The kids LOVED holding the baby. I knew Mikayla would be all over her, but I was really surprised by my boys! Both Gavin and Levi wanted to hug and kiss her endlessly. So Cute.



And then there was Father's Day... I unfortunately had to work on Father's Day. I was so sad I couldn't be at home to pamper my hubby, so I set the breakfast table complete with a flower bouquet, fresh fruit salad and put muffins in the oven as a left for work in the morning. Then Jan brought the kids to work and we had lunch together at the hospital. So not a total write-off. 





Gavin took these delicious cupcakes with him to preschool last week. Vanilla (at his request) with blue icing, he's predictable that way. He'll always choose vanilla ice cream or cake over chocolate or any other flavour, and ask him to choose a colour for anything (icing, clothes, plate) and blue will be the answer.


Up next is getting Gavin's 4th birthday party all planned. Can't wait to make him a cake for it...




No comments:

Post a Comment