Pages

Friday 19 October 2012

Big Boy Bed

We've moved Levi into a big-boy bed!! Can you believe my little baby boy is one step closer to being a big boy. Jan and the kids set up the big boy bed while I was at work one day. It was so sweet when I came home, Levi was so excited to show me his room. He grabbed my hand before I could even get my shoes off "mommy, I show you my new bed". He's so proud of himself!
This move was about 2 weeks ago now, and things are going quite well. The first few nights we had no problems at all, then he spent a couple nights coming to his door after he had been put to bed, knocking on the door, calling out "mommy, daddy open the door". He still is not able to open his bedroom door himself, that's a bit of a saving grace. He got over this quickly enough, and bed time has been relatively painless ever since. Unfortunately, Levi has always been an early riser (always before 7:00), and the change to a new bed has pushed his wake time even a smidge earlier, I'm hoping this just slowly moves back to normal.
Our biggest  issue with the new bed has been at nap time. Levi figures he doesn't need to nap now, I'm praying we get him past this, because I'm just not ready for him to give up his nap yet. Mikayla stopped napping shortly after she turned 2, Gavin kept napping until after he turned 3, and we had to force Gavin to give up naps because they fell at the same time as preschool. I was really hoping Levi would follow his big brother's lead on this one. Either way, we'll just have to see how it plays out.
I've gotta admit, I'm feeling a little bit sad to see the "baby phase" of our family coming to a close. Just a little though. Luckily my friends are having lots of babies right now, so I still get my share of baby snuggles.



Next step to being a full-fledged big boy: potty training!!! I can't wait for the day I no longer have to change diapers!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice bedroom! Also the same as we have for the kids :) Thank you Ikea!

    ReplyDelete