Pages

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Me

I love birthdays! I love planning birthday parties. I love spoiling my children on their birthday. And I especially love MY birthday. I'm pretty sure it should be a national holiday, but apparently it's not such a huge priority for the rest of our country.

When we went over to mom and dad's for my birthday dinner last Thursday I thought I should get the story of my birth-day straight from the source(s). The parents say mine was the most "civilized" of their 4 children's entrance to this world. Mom says labour started while she was making dinner - apparently a great new recipe she was trying out - mustard chicken with white wine. Mom tells me she didn't want to waste such a good supper so she had to finish making it before she would go to the hospital. I'm a third child, the older two (ages 4 and 3 at the time) were sent to our aunt and uncle's. They say things went quite quickly (of course, I'm the third), and mom says she didn't have an epidural. I had heard this before - mom likes to recount how the delivery was special because she got to actually pull me out herself!

I had been going through old photos this week, and so I thought in keeping with the trip down memory lane I would scan in some old photos of me as a birthday girl. What a cute kid!



I love my parents. One thing I always remember my mom saying when I was a kid was "Oh no, I forgot the camera". So, there aren't tons of photos of my younger years. But, I suppose this just makes each picture I do have a little more special.

...and a few from more recent birthdays.


Last but not least, this year! A great big 33 years old.



No comments:

Post a Comment